Ian Stephenson, Planning Committee Convenor, Bulletin 6/2021, August 2021
The team who worked on the social media project with international students have produced a new series of videos. In six exciting episodes, they tell the history of major epochs in the life of Glebe:
- In Sydney it’s Glebe – what makes Glebe unique.
- Total Eclipse – how it was all almost lost in the 1960s.
- Good Things are Happening – the cauldron of activism that saved Glebe in the 1970s.
- Glebe Shows the Way – the brilliantly designed infill of the 1980s.
- Some Simple Advice – on property maintenance for the Land and Housing Corporation.
- The Trojan Horse – how spot rezoning of LAHC sites threatens to destroy Glebe.
The videos will be released in August. Fittingly for such a diverse suburb, they are accompanied by an eclectic mix of music ranging from Baroque to Romantic to Country and Western. Do make sure you watch them and share them with your friends.
Screenshots from each of the Glebe Society’s videos on the major epochs in the life of Glebe