Judy Vergison, Events Coordinator, Bulletin 9/2021 November 2021
Hear what the Council of Sydney Lord Mayoral candidates have to say in the upcoming local Government elections:
- What’s their vision for Sydney over the next four years and beyond?
- What will they commit to do to address the major issues facing Glebe?
- How will they fix the local issues that are important to you?
When: Sat 20 November 2021, 10-11.30 am (NOTE: New Date)
Where: Glebe Town Hall, 160 St Johns Rd, Glebe
About the Forum
The Glebe Society has organised a debate with the candidates for the upcoming City of Sydney Mayoral election. Previous planned forums had to be rescheduled due to COVID restrictions and a change in the election date. As well as the ‘live’ debate in the Glebe Town Hall, the debate will be live streamed via Zoom. This is a free event and bookings on Eventbrite are essential, whether you are planning to attend in person or by Zoom.
An invitation to join the Zoom meeting will be sent to those who have registered to attend the debate.
Allan Hogan will again be our moderator. Those who saw Allan in action at the ‘Meet the Candidates’ we hosted before the last Federal and State elections, will recall how well he brings his ‘big end of town’ journalism skills to these community forums – a great facilitator gives everyone a fair go and, importantly, asks the challenging questions.
Candidates will give a short overview and respond to questions from the moderator on the Glebe Society’s strategic issues. The audience will then have the opportunity to ask questions from the floor.
You are also invited to submit topics to be covered and questions you would like the Glebe Society to raise. Please send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12 November 2021.
BOOK NOW! Numbers are limited to 45 in the room (including candidates).
- Bookings must be made online using Eventbrite for either option, whether in person at the Town Hall or via zoom (more details on each option will be given when you book)
- If you booked for a previous date, you will need to rebook, with the change in numbers and venue
- Preference will be given for members to attend in the room (there will be a waitlist in case numbers increase).
Lord Mayoral Candidates for the City of Sydney Council elections
(in alphabetical order)