One component of Glebe’s sesqui-centennary celebration will be the burying of a time capsule near the fountain in Jubilee Place (gateway to Glebe Point Road). This event will occur on Sunday 2 August 2009. Cr Clover Moore MP, Lord Mayor of Sydney, will carry out the ceremonial burial.
Groups and individuals are invited to submit items for inclusion. The number of items will be restricted by the size of the time capsule (a 500 x 150mm cylinder). The items should have a specific connection with Glebe and its community, with the aim of conveying interesting information about current life in Glebe to the residents in 2109. Items could include:
- stories/articles/photos with captions (printed on archival paper);
- memorabilia/badges/business cards etc…
- passports/credit cards/key to a property (labelled with Glebe address) etc…
- items that may not exist in 100 years time (no CD’s, memory sticks or IT material); and
- records/data about organisations.
Please submit all items to Jan Wilson by 30th June 2009
H: 9660 2698
M: 0408 207 784